Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Missing the old days

Looking back this past year, the most reoccuring line I have used is "I miss Marian." Well don't we all? I love uni life, sorta. But I love Marian life, better. Everyday I'd get up and have the same routine. Brush my teeth, get dressed, eat brekky then get ready for school. Leave at like 8:30am and still be able to get to school on time. (Homeroom at 8:35am). I love the fact that I used to live near school and just get out of bed as late as I wanted to. I really miss school uniform as well. You know, the summer dress which I loved. I purchased the new style dress which was button up and had pleats in it. Much "cuter" than the zip up one, which I ended up giving to Phuong because her old one was so short. The Blue Jumpers when we were oh so young. Then the Red Jumpers which I began to love and cherish. There was also the Winter Uniform that I miss too. I don't know what was nicer. The winter uniform with white socks or opaque black stockings. Hrmph, strange thing to blog but anywho.
Of course most of all I miss seeing my friends every day. I recently went to Maria Parapouras's going away party. Most of the girls that I began my Marian journey (starting from 9 Brigid) with was there. It was such a fun night. But also seeing that a lot of people have changed since year 12 have finished. Like bad habits of smoking. It was a good night because I caught up with my mate who I haven't really spoken to properly in ages. Best D&M in ages. It made me realise how much I miss my time at Ardeer Campus as well, as shitty as it was. Lol.

Today made me take a step back even further. I saw my brother's old old primary friend on the train. And we had a brief conversation. It made me think heaps again. Like how when we were younger, we used to ride our bikes, literally everyday. I used to go bike riding all the time. Lap around my block atleast 4 times before going home. Go jogging in my backyard and playing with my dog. Then going inside after hours playing outside. Those times were the best.
Now that uni is here, or has been for the last 6-7 months, it feels like life just keeps speeding up and I got my life in fast forward. Sometimes you just want to take the remote control and press pause, and just let life slow down. It's amazing how time just goes so fast now.

Lately I've been watching One Tree Hill, dedicatedly. From season 4 to 5, you see the transition of each character as it fast tracks 4 years into the future when they are all grown up in season 5. It's made me think a lot. Where would I be in 4 years time? Let alone 10 years, which is when I plan on leaving uni (at this rate anyway). But still. Will my friends still be my friends? Because in OTH they are.

Ok, I think my blog is depressing as it is. -_-" I've been going pretty strong over the past month. I'm more optimistic about everything. It's just hearing his name a lot gets me down. And the occasional bump into his friends as well. Kinda sucks, but I guess they're still friendly. Then there was Aaron who just had to bring another thing up that got me upset but all good, all good.

Another thing to mention. I finally got my Blood Donor's card! I found out that I'm an A POS! A+, definitely! Haha. Anywho, Cat and Helen got me into this whole Blood type and personality thing. While I was out with Leena and Hel, we searched it up and strangely enough a lot of it matched my personality. So here I have a new obsession. I really want to find a book on it. LOL.

Anyway, until next time.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment