Sunday, August 2, 2009

Charity Ball

I feel majorly drained today for no particularly tiring reason. Leo's Club Youth Charity Ball was a pretty good night. Only crap things about it was: 1. The night went so fast, 2. I thought more Marian '08 girls would be there, that's why I was looking forward to it. But I did, however, make the most of my night, despite the absence of my friends. So from our class of '08, there was me, Helen, Phuong, Shirley, Donna, Debbie, Daniella, Sarah Foster, Florence and Stephanie Frydas. It was a good turn out. I have been informed that $7000 has been raised and all of that money is going to the Moira Children's Foundation. No idea what that foundation is about but HEY! Good Cause! Kudos babyyy.
I thought everyone looked stunning. Hrmph, I still can't get over my ugly dress that everyone complimented. I didn't like it and yeahhhh. My hair was nice only cuz my sister did it. And I coloured it earlier in the week Gosh, I loved Helen Nguyen's dress. Look SCHMEXY! And of course all my girls looked stunning as well :):)
The food was pretty good. Especially the mains. Grilled Chicken with Mushroom sauce. Mmmm... I can still feel the taste.
Highlight of the night was when Donna, Phuong and I were taking photos in the foyer. We decided to put on 10 second timer ... and runn... up and down. It was quite amusing for those around us but I'm sure we looked like a pack of losers ... who were having fun. Hahaha. Hrmm, my thighs are so damn sore. Probably from all that dancing. I'm sure we rocked the dance floor. It was a good night indeed. Photos are up on my facebook. Unfortunately, we didn't photowhore as much which sucked because now most the memories are only in our head and not enough to share. LOL.

Oks, other than Charity Ball I've been swamped with Winter School exam prep. I've been trying to cram so much revision in so I wouldn't fall behind when Charity Ball came, Blood donating soon and of course, my new found "career" as a tutor. So awhile ago, my mate Kwan gave me Nam Quang tuition boss's phone number, which I delayed because I didn't want to talk Viet and sit on a waiting list that might take awhile. However, one fine Friday morning I called up and he told me to go in for a training the next day. Woo! Two long days of training which I thought was quite annoying. He called me Monday morning to see if I could work and I had to decline because I had uni. So all week I had this guilty conscious for saying no and that Duc (BOSS) will not call me back. He finally did and I felt so relieved. I have work tomorrow and maybe finally some income coming it. I hope this all works out because the job is cash in hand and I don't need to notify Centrelink every fortnight about it. :):) I'm thinking about working two jobs but I have no idea how I'm gonna squeeze studying into all this. I just desperately need the money to help my family out ><>

Anywho, I really should get to bed because I have another early start!
Good night
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment