Friday, May 29, 2009

Halfway through the year

Gosh time flies so fast. 3 months of summer holidays after VCE and only a 12 week semester of uni. Then nearly 2 months of holidays coming up, which I'm gonna study a unit during the winter term. I'm still hoping for a job. But it's quite impossible to even get one these days. So called brother's friend was supposed to help me get a job but the bloody manager is slower that freaking GJ's manager or something.
I've literally spent most of my money and my key card is drained to the max. I ended up getting my boots and another trench coat on the side. Sigh. If only money did grow on trees...
So yeah, I haven't been up to much lately. After my last blog, I ended up going Japan fest with some of my girls and a few of Catherine's friends. It was a nice day out. First time in Box Hill as well. The festival had heaps of Japanese stuff (obviously) and delicious food as well. There were a few showcases that were on but we didn't get to see most of them because we arrived pretty late. I'm currently lusting after a kimono now. So pretty and oriental. I ended up getting a souvenir of my name and Hime on a piece of paper, written in Japanese characters. The lady was so stylish with her calligraphy.
You know this time last year, everyone was stressing out about exams. And now, I have barely started exam prep and it two weeks until my first exam. I've honestly lost motivation for first year. Maybe if uni was closer to home it would be better. And if it wasn't so flexible with timetable. I guess I could always get in the habit in Semester 2, but I need to get through Semester 1 first.
I'm feeling majorly nostalgic. Again, this time last year, I had a strong network of support. Well wasn't really a network but yeah, you know who. It was like if I needed to destress well that was pretty much it. Text and call, and it would make everything feel better. I can't believe time is flying so fast. I wish it would just stop for a second so we can embrace something from it.
Anywho, so many things are coming up. Birthdays, outings etc. I don't really know what to prioritize anymore.
Oh, the weird highlight of my week. During high school, I used to call younger girls who'd admire me my "Fanclub." Yep, they would stare at me, scream my name from a distance just to wave and run up and hug me at miscellanous times. Well yeah the other day I was at Melbourne Central, and for some reason yr9 Marian girls were lurking around. Probably some city project. Well going up the escalators, I saw a pack of them and one of them screams out OMG HEY IT'S YOU!!! Runs up and literally bear hugs me. I was taken by surprise. So I just tapped her on the back. Children these days.
Yesterday, Shirl called me out to go for lunch. Well she took me to this restaurant at the end of Chinatown. It was a fancy and stuff so we ended up being stingy because they didn't give us a proper menu and we didn't have that much money on us. ROFL.

Oh btw, I lost my dress on eBay. So freaking depressing. Maybe they should just cancel the ball because Miss Helen cannot get her dress. LOL.

Anywho. I think I've had enough of blogging.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aww there there about exams and the dress xD
    And LAWL at the incident at MC, hope you didn't get hurt 'cuz what I visualised was a tackle hug ><".. Ahh, MC... the city is no longer my second home, Monash Caulfield is HAHA.

    Hey hey I wanna add your blog to my blogroll~ is that OK? If so~ tell me through MSN or FB what you want the title of the link to be, and the description :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I saw Marian girls lurking around too. These students I saw were newbies though. They're so tiny *evil laugh. That's a good thing considering I'm short too!

    ReplyDelete